What can you do differently to protect yourself?
- If anyone is feeding the wildlife ask them to stop.
- Put trash out in the morning, instead of evening and if possible keep trash in a protected area.
- Wildlife proof your garbage cans or dumpsters with a tight fitting lid.
- Secure garbage cans with heavy duty straps or bungee cords.
- Feed your pets in doors. Any food left outdoors should be removed at night. Pet food bowls should also be brought indoors because they retain attractive odors.
- Replace plastic vents and louvers with metal designs that are securely attached to the building.
- Cover your chimney flues with commercial caps.
- Utilize a form of wire mesh to protect screen holes, decks or other vulnerable areas.
- Trim overhanging tree branches 6 to 10 feet away from your home or commercial property.
- Enclose compost piles in a framed box using hardware cloth or welded wire; in a sturdy container, such as a 55-gallon drum; or in a commercial composter.
- Remove brush piles and debris.
- Close garage doors at night
You Got It? We Get It!™ Call Got Wildlife?® at 1-877-Fur-Find™ (1-877-387-3463) to permanently resolve your animal control issue.